The Plan of Salvation in 11 Easy Steps.
What to know to be born again.
(1) The reason is because we have sinned before a Holy God:
Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."
(2) Jesus explains what sin is:
Mark 7:20-23 "And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man. For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornication, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man."
(3) God also tells us what the punishment for sin is:
Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
(4) This penalty for sin is not only physical death but also death in the lake of fire:
Revelations 21:8 "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their place in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."
(5) But the Bible is a book of love and hope:
Romans 5:8 "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
(6) The Bible tells us very clearly how to receive this salvation :
Romans 10:9,10 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
(7) The Bible tells us plainly what to do about our sin:
1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
(8) Then we can see how anxious Jesus is to save the sinner:
Revelation 3:20 "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with him."
A. I believe that Jesus is knocking on your heart right now. Would you let Him come into your heart? Lets bow our heads and pray.
B. Now here is a prayer: "God, I know that I am a sinner; please forgive me of my sins. I believe that He buried, and I believe that He arose again on the third day. Please come into my right now and give me salvation. I pray in Jesus' Name, Amen."
(9) Now lets look at God's promise:
Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved".
A. Did you ask God for Salvation
B. According to the Bible, do you believe that God gave you Salvation?
(10) Christ received means you have (right now)everlasting life with a promise of no future condemnation.
John 5:24 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my words, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."
(11) As a son of God we should not be ashamed of our Saviour Jesus Christ:
Matthew 10:32,33 "Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will i also denv before my Father which is in heaven."